Many classic fashion styles have emerged in recent years and bitten the dust within no time. However, many trends continue to rule over the hearts of fashion enthusiasts. The best gingham pieces are examples of such trends which have endured the test of time. At the same time, it is also inevitable to wonder about the modern ways to style up these gingham pieces in different outfits.
The risk associated with this trend is making it look a bit childish or too girly, so it could be the reason some hold back from trying on stylish gingham pieces. The following discussion helps you understand the evolution of gingham pieces as a fashion trend and some of the notable options to try out now. In addition, we shall also discuss some helpful tips on how to wear gingham pieces in style, and how to match them with other trends.
The Gingham Trend
Before starting a discussion on the best gingham pieces, it is important to reflect on the trend itself. How did it start and gain prominence in the world of fashion? According to the opinions of a pattern artist, some of the prominent factors which have fuelled the growth of gingham fashion include-
- Economic inequality
- Familiarity and simplicity in fashion
- Rising political division
All of these factors definitely called for bolder patterns like gingham to showcase the social imbalance in a striking manner.
How Did It Start?
The trend of gingham pieces started in Asia, particularly in Malaysia. The best gingham dresses were rocketed to popularity through the English and Dutch in the 18th century. The pattern basically features repetitive checks, generally a crisp white color with bright color contrast, which stands out. Furthermore, another interesting highlight of the gingham trend is the same look from all sides. Most importantly, the gingham pieces fit perfectly with other patterns alongside different colors.
The gingham summer trend has been one of the ways to keep the gingham style as timeless as possible. Some of the notable ways to wear gingham style dresses are as follows-
- Wear the gingham print on top with different style choices ranging from shirts with oversized feminine collars to big puffed sleeve tops.
- You can also wear the best gingham pieces on the bottom with the flexibility of choosing colors like pink, yellow or classic gingham in black color. There are many options to choose from, from pants to mini or midi skirts.
- Another bold fashion choice with gingham style would be to dress up head to toe in the gingham pattern, for example, wearing a gingham dress, playsuit or co-ord.
- The more subtle option is to go with a gingham accessory like a bag or shoes.
Also Check: Stylish Wedding Guest Outfits
Top Picks for Gingham Pieces
Here are some interesting ideas you could pick up to avoid the hassle of browsing through innumerable gingham pieces.
1. Shein Button-Front Gingham Pattern Knit Top
This Shein gingham pattern knit top with straps might be the best thing to add for a cute look.
2. Shein Gingham Criss Cross Jumpsuit
Make a unique fashion statement with the criss-cross jumpsuit featuring a gingham pattern in pastel yellow.
3. Shein Sweetheart Neck Puff Sleeve Gingham Dress
Your choice of best gingham dresses becomes easier with this puffed sleeve gingham dress with a sweetheart neckline and flattering fit.
4. Shein Gingham Shirred Bodice Split Dress
The blue and white gingham pattern shirred dress and a split detail is a perfect way to master the gingham trend in style. It would look great on a picnic or just as an everyday look.
5. Asos Puff Ball Gingham Pattern Playsuit
Get the perfect casual feminine look with a cute puff sleeves playsuit that will make you stand out effortlessly.
6. Asos Gingham Pattern Shirt with Oversized Collar
The oversized collar and frill trim with a relaxed fit in this option among the best gingham pieces makes it the ideal choice for casual outings, work, and date night as well.
Tips on How to Wear Gingham
Gingham fashion is undoubtedly a great option for making a major fashion statement in a subtle manner. At the same time, it is also important to wear it carefully so that you don’t feel like a child. Here are some of the suggestions you might want to try when wearing your best gingham dresses and tops.
- When wearing this Tommy Hilfiger sleeveless gingham dress with front buttons and a waist strap detail, a good choice for shoes would be white sneakers like Veja or Converse and a simple bag. To make it more work-appropriate just add nude or white loafers and a nude tote bag.
- This H&M gingham print shirt is a great way to wear the gingham summer trend in a subtle, chicer way. You can wear this shirt casually with straight-leg jeans in washed denim, or white jeans, and pair it with trainers or tan sandals. You can also wear it to work with nude dad pants and heeled sandals.
- Another great casual option that is easy to style is this romper from H&M with comfortable smocking and wide-fit shorts. The side pockets are a great design element in this chic and versatile piece. You can wear this romper to the beach with a basket bag and flip-flops, or on vacation with a big sun hat. It will also work well worn casually with trainers or tan flat sandals.
- Leave the outskirts and go for a gingham skort. The most favorable way to wear the gingham pieces in style would be to go with a Zara high-waist skort in pastel pink. This piece will work well with a matching blazer and white t-shirt, or worn on its own with a white big collared blouse and loafers.
- This Zara high-waist mini flare pants in gingham style could be the perfect office apparel. The flared leg and black and white trousers exhibit a taste of modernity and chic. Just pair it with a white or black top and choose the shoes according to the event. For work go with black heels or loafers, for a more casual look go for trainers or flat sandals, and if you’re going out then a great choice would be heeled sandals.